ROCHE COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (Nasal swab) - 5 Pack
The SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Nasal Self-Test is intended for unsupervised testing in the home or other environment. The self-test can be performed by you, the patient, whenever and wherever needed, with results usually available within 15 to 30 minutes of testing.
A rapid antigen test checks for the presence of the nucleocapsid (N) protein produced by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If the protein is present in the sample, it causes a reaction that forms a coloured line where the sample window is marked with a T. Antibodies contained within the test device recognise and react with the nucleocapsid (N) protein, which is produced by the virus and this reaction causes a coloured line.
This rapid antigen test for COVID-19 can help enable you to quickly assess whether you may be infected or not. If you test positive, you can immediately follow official advice on further testing and self-isolation.
The swab has to be inserted into the lower nasal cavity, the sample collection process is simple and causes minimum discomfort. All the materials required for sample collections are included in the kit. It takes only 4 steps from start to finish to complete the test.
Negative test results do not exclude infection with COVID-19. Positive test results or symptomatic persons require immediate confirmatory testing with a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
The following items are required to perform the test and are included in each kit:
- Test device (individually packed in a foil pouch with desiccant)
- Tube with extraction buffer and carrier
- Dispense cap
- Sterile swab
1. Carefully read the Instructions for Use for patients for the SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Nasal Self-Test.
2. Wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer before performing the test
3. Open one of the foil pouches 1 by tearing along the tear-line and take out the test device and the desiccant package. Do not use if the pack has expired (check the back of the pack)
4. Ensure that the test device is intact and that there are no green beads in the desiccant package. Do not open the desiccant package.
Preparation & collection of nasal sample
1. Open the foil pouch 2 by tearing along the tear line and take out one of the tubes with liquid and one nozzle cap and place them on the table.
2. Open the seal of the tube carefully without spilling the liquid inside the tube. Place the tube in the tube holder.
3. Blow your nose once using a tissue.
4. Remove the swab from the packaging. Ensure that you only touch the handle of the swab and not the soft pad at the tip.
5. Slightly tilt your head backwards, insert the swab with the soft pad at the front into your left nostril. Slowly slide the swab approx. 2 cm forward (parallel to the roof of your mouth - not upwards) until you encounter resistance. Do not apply any pressure.
6. Rotate the swab 4 times (for a total of approx. 15 seconds) against the lining of the nasal wall before removing it from the nostril.
7. Repeat steps in your right nostril using the same swab. Note: Samples must be collected from both nostrils using the same swab.
8. Insert the swab into the tube until the soft pad is in the liquid. Squeeze the tube at the bottom and hold it tight. Stir the swab more than 10 times to transfer the biological material from the swab to the liquid.
9. Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab. Dispose the swab and seal the tube securely with the nozzle cap
Performing a test
1. Place the test device on a flat surface.
2. Hold the tube upright above the circular well marked on the picture below (not over the rectangular result window).
3. Drop exactly 4 drops onto the circular well. Gently squeeze the sides of the tube together if necessary. Note: You can continue with the test even if you accidentally drop 5 drops onto the test device.
4. Set the timer and read the test result after 15 to 30 minutes. WARNING! Test results that are read before 15 minutes or after 30 minutes may be incorrect.
5. Wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer after performing the test.
Interpreting your test results
1) If a control line (C) is not visible, the result must be considered invalid. The test is not working correctly and you should perform another test using a different test kit. You may have performed the test incorrectly. Carefully read the Instructions for Use and repeat the test. If your test result is still invalid, please contact your doctor or a COVID-19 test centre.
2) If a test line (T) is visible together with a control line (C), this means that the result is positive. Look carefully at the result: The test should be considered positive if two lines are visible - even if they are faint. A positive test result means it is very likely that you have COVID-19. Please contact your doctor/primary care physician or your local health authority immediately and adhere to the local guidelines regarding self-isolation. Your doctor may require you to undergo a PCR test to confirm the result.
3) If a control line (C) is visible (regardless of how faint it is) and a test line (T) is not visible, this means that the result is negative. It is unlikely that you have COVID-19. However, even if your test is negative, continue to observe all hygiene and safety measures. If you suspect that you have an infection (i.e., if you have prolonged symptoms or if your symptoms are worsening), contact your doctor/primary care physician. You may have another infection, or your test result may be false. You may repeat the test after 1–2 days, as COVID-19 cannot be detected with complete accuracy during all stages of an infection.
Always read the label. Use as directed, incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist please consult a healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children.
• Read test results only within the time frame specified in the instructions. A result read before or after the specified time frame may not be correct. • Don’t reuse test devices or other components. • Don’t use expired tests or test components that are damaged. Even a faint line is valid, you should consider it present when interpreting the results. Negative results do not rule out a SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions, including decisions about infection control. Individuals who have tested negative and continue to show COVID-19- like symptoms should contact their doctor/primary care physician.
Each State and Territory regulates the use of rapid antigen tests. You should ensure your use or consumption of this product adheres to the regulations that govern you. Be aware that there may be penalties for breaching any regulations that apply to you. If you are usure we recommend that you seek independent legal advice.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.